I’ve been pretty bad about promoting my Clarion West Write-a-thon participation this year, but I’m starting up the marketing machine now. If you’re not sick of hearing about it by the time August rolls around, well, I’m doing something wrong.
In a nutshell: this is the time for you, genre fiction lover, to make a fully tax-deductible donation to support Clarion West, a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation which runs a six-week workshop every summer, often described as “boot camp for writers.” I attended CW last year, and it was an amazing experience with wonderful people.
I’m donating this year to support all my classmates (listed previously). You can also sponsor me as I finish revising my novel Waypoint Kangaroo for my editor at Thomas Dunne Books, who plan to publish it next summer! And then I’m moving on to short stories, and the second Kangaroo novel (also under contract to Thomas Dunne).
Here’s my page (use the “Sponsor” link to donate via PayPal):
To sweeten the pot, here are some rewards I’m offering for my supporters:
- Donate $64 and you’ll get a sneak peek at more of “Ten Days Up” (the writing sample on my Write-a-thon profile), which will be published this November in the Mission: Tomorrow anthology.
- Donate $128 and you’ll get a signed paperback copy of Thursday’s Children: Flash Fiction from 512 Words or Fewer (free shipping to continental US).
- Donate $256 and I’ll share a “mix tape” of some of my favorite film scores which I use as background music when writing.
- Donate $512 and I will put together a fiction-themed Puzzled Pint “party pack” (4 puzzles + 1 meta) for you to share with your friends!
- Donate $1,024 and you can name a minor character in the second Kangaroo novel (subject to editorial approval).
That’s all for now. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July weekend!